Friend of Learning
Major Events in U.S. History - Part 2
Enter the number from the column to the left into the text box next to the appropriate word in the right-hand column.
1. The U.S. purchased Alaska from Russia.
2. The Constitution was amended to guarantee women the right to vote; Prohibition began (the sale and transport of alcohol was made illegal).
3. Prohibition ended (the sale and transport of alcohol was again declared to be legal).
4. The Reconstruction Era ended.
5. The Spanish-American War began and ended; the U.S. annexed Hawaii.
6. The Constitution was amended to permit taxing income from any source, and to allow the popular election of Senators; the Federal Reserve Act was passed.
7. The New York stock market crashed, beginning a long economic downturn known as the Great Depression.
8. The American Civil War began.
9. The U.S. entered World War I.
10. World War I began.
11. The American Civil War ended; the Constitution was amended to prohibit slavery; the Reconstruction Era began.
12. World War I ended.
13. U.S. soldiers massacred Native Americans at Wounded Knee Creek in South Dakota.
14. The Social Security Act was passed.
Copyright © Friend of Learning, Inc. 2014. All rights reserved.