Friend of Learning
Major Events in U.S. History - Part 1
Enter the number from the column to the left into the text box next to the appropriate word in the right-hand column.
1. The Louisiana territory was purchased from France.
2. The last battle of the American Revolution was fought.
3. The War of 1812 ended.
4. The U.S. Constitutional Convention was held.
5. The Mexican-American war began; the Oregon Treaty signed by the United States and the United Kingdom.
6. The Spanish Cession, an agreement ceding Florida to the U.S., was signed by the U.S.; it was finally ratified by Spain in 1821.
7. The Treaty of Paris was signed, officially ending the American Revolution.
8. The U.S. declared independence from the United Kingdom.
9. The War of 1812 began.
10. The first battle of the American Revolution was fought.
11. The Mexican-American war ended; the U.S. took what is now California, Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico, Utah, and Colorado.
12. The U.S. Constitution went into effect.
13. The U.S. annexed Texas.
Copyright © Friend of Learning, Inc. 2014. All rights reserved.