Major Events in U.S. History - Part 1
Enter the number from the column to the left into the text box next to the appropriate word in the right-hand column.
1. The War of 1812 ended.
2. The Mexican-American war began; the Oregon Treaty signed by the United States and the United Kingdom.
3. The Louisiana territory was purchased from France.
4. The War of 1812 began.
5. The U.S. declared independence from the United Kingdom.
6. The U.S. Constitutional Convention was held.
7. The Treaty of Paris was signed, officially ending the American Revolution.
8. The U.S. Constitution went into effect.
9. The last battle of the American Revolution was fought.
10. The first battle of the American Revolution was fought.
11. The U.S. annexed Texas.
12. The Spanish Cession, an agreement ceding Florida to the U.S., was signed by the U.S.; it was finally ratified by Spain in 1821.
13. The Mexican-American war ended; the U.S. took what is now California, Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico, Utah, and Colorado.